Benefits of Yoga
Benefits of Yoga Practice
- Increased flexibility
- Increased muscle strength and tone
- Improved respiration, energy and vitality
- Balanced metabolism
- Weight reduction
- Cardio and circulatory health
- Improved athletic performance
- Protection from injury
Benefits of Private Yoga Lessons
Yoga was traditionally taught by one teacher directly to one student. The great ancient teachers understood the importance of individualizing each yoga experience to meet the needs of the individual student. Today’s group classes are fun, energizing, affordable, and help to create a strong community. However, in a group class, teachers may not be able to deliver the individualized attention and guidance that we all need at one time or another. Benefits include:
- A more intimate view into your practice. You can start a new practice, deepen your current practice or spend some time working with an injury or specific goal or concern.
- Ease of stress or intimidation experienced by beginners when attending large group yoga classes for the first time. Private yoga lessons can offer you a crash course on the basics of yoga, which will give you the foundation necessary to feel comfortable in a group environment.
- The opportunity to work with special health concerns, injuries, or any other limitations you may experience. If you are concerned about the possibility of a re-injury, working one-on-one with a private yoga instructor you will learn how to adapt certain postures and use modifications as well as find out if there are specific poses to avoid when in class.
- Support and guidance in achieving a specific goal – whether it’s mental, emotional, spiritual or physical. With a specific goal in mind, a private yoga instructor can tailor and create a specific practices for you designed to help meet your goals.
- Recommendations for what types of yoga work best for you based on instructor’s observations in private yoga sessions.
- Safety and confidence to reach new levels in your yoga practice. A private yoga instructor can work closely with you in leading you into more challenging poses in a safe and inspiring environment.
Benefits of Private Partner Yoga
Practicing private yoga with your significant other can help:
- build intimacy and connection by providing structured time spent together doing mindful and meaningful activity
- create and reinforce trust in your relationship
- return each partner to a place of grounding, allowing for more peaceful interaction
- encourage support of one another in achieving spiritual or fitness goals